Working 5 to 9 what a way to earn a living
I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Dolly Parton in Dingle years ago in the Post Office at Ventry. We were both holidaying there. We met again in Ceann Sibéal that afternoon at the Golf Club. And once again that evening in Páidí Ó Sé’s Pub, where she sang like a bird. She has one local guy on a guitar and his small floor speaker for accompaniment.She was truly professional and natural at the same time. A genuine vocal talent, who needs no technology to sound good. I had never been a fan, up until that day.
However that lady has a voice like an angel and a personality that is electric and sincere. I suspect that Dolly works 5 to 9 rather than 9 to 5, just like so many entrepreneurs and business owners, whether they are aspiring or deep in the weeds.
Many of us work 5.00 am to 9.00 pm or 6.00 am to 10.00 pm, whatever crazy hours work best for you. Some of that time is spent reading books by people like Tim Ferriss about how we can work 4 hours a week or maybe 5.00 am to 9.00 am. I am sure Tim works a lot more than 4 hours a week. Ideally, we should work that 4 hours in the morning and be ultra productive. Then we could spend the rest of the day being creative or helping members of our teams to get their work done.
However, for most of us, we do a lot more than 4 hours a day and we have to accept that as being a fact of our life, if only for the time being. If you have to do long hours or put up with stresses, try getting a little bit of time to yourself. Go for a walk or do some meditation. You can take 10 minutes out during a busy day and do some meditation or simple breathing exercises. In the office or in the car or even a bathroom.
Here are some links to 12+ sources of FREE meditations and apps that might be of help.
- The Free Mindfulness Project which has 30 FREE tracks to download and focuses on Loving kindness, mindfulness, relaxation, sleep
- Headspace – Some FREE and many paid tracks
- Calm – Some FREE tracks and hundreds as paid through this popular app
- Chopra Centered Lifestyle – Depak Chopra offers 16 FREE tracks
- Mindfulness Ireland – Loads of FREE Body Scans and Meditations
- UCLA Meditation – FREE 8 tracks
- Tara Brach over 100 FREE tracks
- The Meditation Oasis – 50 FREE tracks from Mary & Richard Maddox. It took me a bit of time to get comfortable with Marys voice, but now I look forward to listening to her.
- The Meditation Podcast with 28 FREE tracks
- I Live The Life I Love – 10 recommended meditations
- Audio Dharma – 40 FREE tracks. #Mindfulness #relaxation #loving kindness #body scan
- Padraig O’ Morain – FREE audio
- Dharma Seed – with literally thousands of options