Our 10 Step Website Design Process
How we help you, one step at a time
How is our approach different?
We have a 10 step website process, which gets you from enquiry to delivery and beyond. But we take it one step at a time, so the only commitment from you is one step at a time. This ensures that you are happy with each step and can stop at any time – no big risk, no big commitment on your part.
1. Initial enquiry – You contact us and we reply to you with some initial project assessment questions, to help us get to understand what you need or want. And to determine if we are actually a good fit for your project. We may not be. If not we will point you in the right direction.
2. Meeting – Having a basic understanding of what you want to achieve, what you have to offer, what problem it solves and who you want to deal with in the future, helps us see if and how we can add value for you. Basically, you just tell as much as you can, in a meeting, usually 30 to 60 minutes, in person or on the phone or a Zoom call. This is to discuss your problems or challenges, goals and targets and how we might be of service to you. Why do you want a website? Who is it for? What should it achieve? Are we a good fit for each other?
3. Proposal – Based on what we then know, we write up an outline proposal for you, listing what is to be done technically, what investment is required and any features or functionalities that are to be included. This is for your approval, before signing an agreement and lodging your initial deposit to confirm your order.
4. Discovery & Brief – This is where we talk in much more depth with you usually 60 to 120 minutes in a Project Workshop whatever time you need. And also we do our own research or digging to look at competitor analysis or investigating potential clients, in order to put together a detailed website Brief or plan. This Brief will include targets and goals, for your approval. The Brief ensures that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet and is then shared with your team and our Designers, Developers and Digital Marketers.
At this point we will need your keywords or terms or we can do the keyword analysis and keyword mapping on your behalf. This is a critical element to ensuring you get the client enquiries you really want to get.
5. Wireframe – We will also draw up a wireframe, a visual plan or sitemap, like an architects drawing, showing where everything will be laid out, the pages and the navigation structure, for your approval. See wireframe example HERE. See finished website HERE.
6. Content collection – This is where you give us all the sized photos, with the proper naming convention, any videos and the text items for your agreed pages. We will give you a list and explain how best to get this to us. If you need content created we can arrange it. This gathering of content typically takes the most time for you. This step is the step that generally holds up a project, so do think about what is required for you to get us all the content.
7. Design – Now we get to colour things in and see how the website will look. We use the approved brief and approved sitemap to help the graphic designer come up with the right custom look and feel, for your approval.
8. Development – Then we get technical for one full week, maybe two and develop your website based on the approved brief, sitemap and graphic design, adding the content from you to deliver exactly what was promised in the mockup – no surprises.
9. Testing – We will spend a few days testing the website and let you test it too. Then, with your approval we can go live and you can announce it to the world.
10. Care – Every website needs to be looked after launch, with platform updates, security updates plugin updates and so on. If you do not want to do it, we will happily do it for you, with one of our Monthly Care Plans.
If you want, we will happily also help you to make good use of your website, to ensure that you get the return, which was the initial reason for building the website.
That is our proven 10 Step website process, to guarantee the best results for our clients.
For us this process is simple, we have done it many hundreds of times before. For you, it will all make sense as you go step by step and we will walk you through each step.
As you can see, we only move from one step to the next, when we have your approval for the current step. At any given time you are only committing to just one step at a time.
Once the website is live, it is time to market it and make the world aware of its existence, or at least the part of the world that interests you. That means SEO or Search Engine Optimisation to help Google find you for your key words or terms and Digital Marketing to help your ideal customers find you. Find out more about SEO HERE.
Again we are available if you need help with this ongoing Digital Marketing, to generate leads or sales, using the MEANit Marketing Process.
Find out about SEO Search Engine Optimisation
Every website needs to be Search Engine Friendly, so do some Search Engine Optimisation to help it get found. Click below for a complimentary guide to SEO.
Talk to us about your website project
Schedule a complimentary 30 minute call with us to talk about your website project or what you want to get from your web presence – click below. No strings, just a chat.
See Our Work
See Our Work and Case Studies – click below. You can see projects we have done for professional services businesses such as Solicitors, Architects, Builders, Engineers etc.