Social Media Manager Checklist – A FREE Guide
Strategy – Firstly, write up a Social Media Strategy or get someone competent to do it for you. Define your audience and set some targets, KPIs whatever metrics work best for you. Which Social Channels are right and best for you and your target market? Then you want to make good use of your digital content, making it seen by your target audience, through the social channels that they use.
Content – Create a content library of digital assets, well written long or short form items that educate, entertain or inform, with links that work and are relevant, add a good image and relevant headings. Write evergreen content that can be reused and do repurpose content to publish in different channels. On top of that add some timely, newsworthy items or repost good content from others in your industry. Set regular dates to review performance and results. What matters gets measured. Now how much time is required ? Use your Social Media campaigns at the top of your funnel and PPC Pay per Click like Google Ads or Facebook ads to targeted audiences to create awareness and start engagement.
Complaints, compliments, feedback and questions from some customers will come through social, so respond well and fast, to every one, regardless whether positive or negative. If there is a negative, move it to an offline conversation as soon as you ca.
Customer Call Out:
Write about your favourite customers on your own website and Social Channels – share what they are doing, post what they say about you and promote their activities, their successes.
Top 10 Social Media Management Tips
- Plan – Do that Strategy document now!
- Engage – Look for conversations, search by Keyword or Social Mention, find out where your target audience hangs out and what interests them, then engage, in their preferred channels, answering questions, offering tips and advice.
- Mentions – Tag your clients in your stories or posts, say Thank you in Social, mention them on your website
- Daily post – a nice image and a fact about your industry, service or product
- Connect with Influencers and engage, say hello from time to time, stay in touch, build a relationship, just like you would do offline.
- Track events in your industry and get involved in the conversations
- Measure everything – add metrics, review them, see what is working well and then do more of that.
- Protect – secure all access to these accounts, so that someone does not say the wrong thing to your audience
- Automate – posting with Hootsuite or preferably Buffer makes time sense
- Time – Allocate a limited set amount of time daily, weekly, monthly to do this work and stick to it or outsource it to be done by someone else such as Whizz.ie or Moss Marketing.
Popular Social Media Channels
Facebook – Post daily or weekly, ‘like’ and share industry topics, ask for likes and do Tag people & people or clients. Use Outbound Marketing on Facebook to bring targeted people to a landing page, maybe a page inviting visitors to sign up for the FREE weekly or monthly Blog with Tips, Advice and Apps. Target should be C-Suite executives and business owners or directors. 15 mins
Twitter – Daily tweet 15 mins with #tag and weekly follow and connect, say thanks for follows. Create Private Lists of potential Clients and use Hootsuite or Buffer to post or repost their posts
Pinterest – Monthly – Update Boards 60 mins include good keywords and links back to your website. IF this is a channel used by your market at all. Weekly follow pins 15 mins
Google+ – This channel is currently on hold and being taken down by Google. This is a classic example that not all social channels will last for ever. Gone is MySpace, Friendster, Bebo, Blab and many more.
Linkedin – Daily – Connect with people, build relationships, tweak Company Profile, get recommendations, post useful content once a day 15 to 30 mins a day
Youtube – Weekly – subscribe to channels, share video content, weekly 15 mins and add one of your own engaging, entertaining or educational videos once a month, relevant to your industry – maybe answer a question or show how to or even add some testimonials. Use your voice well and get some training if you need it. Make sure you listen to your own content before posting it. 30 mins,
Blog – Write a good blog once a week or even once a month and share in Social Channels, repurpose the content and always link back to a logical page on your own website. By all means show some real personality and express your opinions, show experience and viewpoints for authority. Minimum 300 words, but ideally more like 500+. You can publish the long form and use snippets or quotes in the daily posts on Social. 120 – 180 mins a week.
Website – Use your own website to tell your story, who are you, why you do what you do, how you do it, the lessons you learned on the way, testimonials and detailed case studies. plus independent reviews, using Google Reviews or Trust Pilot. Let people know about your experience, share some case studies or stories. Curate all your content, keep it updated, improving it and make it more and more useful, as you add to it. Your website is your land on the web, whereas posting on social channel is just rented temporary space. Always bring people back from the social engagements to the quality content you have on your website.
NB: Add Testimonials in the various channels
Social Media Management Tools
- Social Bro – Free and paid enterprise Social management tool
- Sprout Social – another paid enterprise Social management tool $60 pm
- Hootsuite – *FREE recommended and Paid $25 pm Monitor conversation and post to Facebook and Twitter
- Buffer – Low cost $15 to $99 a month – No monitoring of conversations, but best Scheduler to share and schedule content posts via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & Google+
Tip: Promote what you do, what you are good at and your skills on offer. Build your own list of your own connections and talk to that list to stay in touch regularly. Use Mailchimp or Active Campaign or a similar mass emailer. Pay special attention to the contacts who are close or who could refer you.
If you have any further questions feel free to contact us at 0862510117 or through our quick enquiry form here.
Other Lead Generation tips available at http://unbounce.com/lead-generation/generate-leads-with-your-content/ and learn about Facebook Pixel Tracking at http://rickmulready.com/complete-guide-to-facebook-ads-pixels/