Accountant Websites – what do you need?
Tips and advice for planning a good Accountants website, depending on what you want from the web.
Every Accountancy Practice will have its own priorities/needs
Professional – You may not need any more business, but want to look professional when someone Googles you (and they do).
Leads – You may want more business, but a certain type of client, so the site needs to attract that market segment, maybe specifically financial or tax advice or compliance or payroll enquiries etc.
Time – You may want to save time on repetitive phone calls by answering frequently ask questions on your website. You may want to allow people ask questions 24/7 via a website form.
Recruitment – Attract high quality accounting staff who are searching for a suitable financial practice. How do you look when these people search for accountants website
Social – You may want a single place on the web where you have a Blog or have all your Social Media integrated.
Help – You may not know what you want, but just want to discuss it. Have a chat with us, for a no obligation complimentary 30 minutes consultation to get some direction and answers. Get in touch here.
Meantime, we have included below 10 guidelines and 10 questions to help you get it right first time for your accountancy practice.
1. CMS – Get a website that is built in a CMS Content Management System, which makes it easy to edit. Content is King, it will decide your success on the net, so create it, add it, curate it and make yourself stand out as an Authority on matters financial. You are the best person to produce good content, do not leave its creation to someone else, unless they are competent in your field.
2. Blocks – Get a website that is Modular, so that you can move elements around without needing a Developer again. For example, add or move a scrolling Testimonials module on the Home page yourself or move it to your About page or ad a video to a blog item.
3. Open Source – use a platform that is open source and allows you to move from one web partner to another, if ever needed. Avoid a one man band, someone who offers to be everything, planner, designer, developer, digital marketer. How may financial practices have just one person employed to do everything?
4. Design Theme – Get a website that is theme based, so that you can change the whole design theme without having to create a new website. Also, this makes it easier for you to move to a new web Partner. Avoid basic HTML developers who have to make every code change for you – at a price, in time delay and money.
5. Custom Design: Plan your Branding, colours, content and CTAs before or when talking to a Developer, if how you look online is important to you to build your brand. Think Grant Thornton, OSK, KPMG, Deloitte, Mazars and so on.
6. Navigation – Make Navigation simple, intuitive, stand out and logically show what you specialise in.
7. Blog – Show off your knowledge, experience and useful info from the industry – Try Guest Blogging or answering questions in forums !
8. Social integration – Tie in all Blogging, Social Media and Advertising to your website content and draw people to the site – they might just connect with you by asking a question.
9. Maintenance – Bear in mind a website, like a car, has to be maintained and updated. It needs constant attention, security updates & patches, cleaning, plugins, software updates, apps updates and useful add-ons – but most of all useful helpful content or advice to engage with visitors, to help promote your practice.
10. Budget for a spend in Year 1 for the design, branding, photography, CMS website, advertising, digital marketing etc and then do a new budget for year 2 for building on that platform. The higher the spend the higher and faster the return – GUARANTEED (if done well)!
1. Get good web partner, pay them to be supportive – establish an ongoing relationship in the same way a company would do with their Accountant or other key suppliers. It is outsourced qualified labour that keeps itself educated and trained to be ready to support you when you need them.
2. Treat this web project like opening a new office. How much would that cost ? How much attention would you give it ? Build what you need rather than buy something off the shelf at a set price.
3. Most small web agencies are not good at MultiTasking. Chances are you need a 1.Domain Registrar, 2. Hosting Company, 3. Web Graphic Designer, 4. Web Developer and 5. Digital Marketer.
The good news is – a website can promote your practice, show you with a professional look, get you found in search, showcase your work, show testimonials, make appointments, take deposit payments online, answer questions, allow Client access and manage contacts through a CRM. Web is the future – will you embrace it now?
Now you know the brief ! What is your next step ? Answer these questions below. You may want to know ballpark investment required, so there is a guideline below the questions. But talk to us about your own specific requirements.
Ten good opening questions to consider before building a website for your Financial practice:
1. Why do you want a website ?
2. Do you need a website at all ?
3. What kind of website do you need? Is it just a simple Brochure site or a more informative one or a Blog?
4. Who is the Target Market ?
5. Who will create the website for you ? Why choose that web partner ?
6. Who will manage it,support & maintain it and train you?
7. Do you have a Digital Marketing Strategy ?
8. How much business do you project will come from your web presence ?
9. How will you measure success or your return on any investment ?
10. What other questions come to mind for you – every Client has specific requirements for their target market ? Client access to files, secure email, shared cloud folders, taking payments online etc
Guideline costs involved in creating a website – get a personalised quote – contact us here.
|CMS Content Management System||Y||Y||Y|
|Page Builder with Drag n Drop||Y||Y||Y|
|Support||email 72 hours||email 48 hours||email 24 hours|
|Hours included for Developer||10||20||POA|
|Book Now||Book Now||Book Now|