What do people want to see on a website?
Ask your customers what they expect to see when they look at your website. But generally include these 10 items below
10 things people expect to find on your website.
1. What you do – what problem do you solve?
2. Who you are – why are you good at solving that problem?
3. Why you do it – what drives you to do what you do? What makes you stand out? Many people buy why you do something as much as what it is you do.
4. Where you do it – which geographic areas do you cover? Do you charge more outside that area.
5. FAQS – answer their common questions. Listen to the questions you get asked verbally or by email etc, then answer these on the website.
6. Why they should deal with you – add details of any guarantees, promises, warranties, experience etc
7. Why you are the best choice – so show some social validation such as testimonials, case studies, qualifications
8. Show your domain authority or expert status by offering useful tips and advice on your chosen subject. If you know it all show it all. Be generous with your advice.
9. Newsletter – let people sign up in case they want to stay informed about offers and tips from your business
10. Your contact details, a telephone number, an email address and a contact form. Plus instant chat would be good.
Some or all of this will seem very obvious to you, but have a look at your own website and see if you have these points covered.
Your website needs to be easy to navigate, fast to load, include great relevant content and allow people move freely and be able to contact you via a form, email, telephone or Instant Chat. Try to imagine the visitor is walking in to your office or store. Get some people to test this for you and get feedback so that you can continually improve. Test your forms weekly. Every page should have one main CTA Call to Action, either to contact us, or download our PDF or see the next related article or get a special offer etc.
Whilst every page done well funnels your visitors to a decision, any page done badly may funnel them away from you.