WhatsApp – connecting friends and family !
What is WhatsApp and how do you use it? Why use it?
Reasons to use WhatsApp
- FREE App used for communication.
- Send and receive messages on the go, via mobile using 3G mobile data or wifi.
- There is no limit on the number of texts, video or audio messages you can send.
- It is suitable for download with both Apple and Android.
- Use instead of your SMS allowance.
- Faster than text.
- Connect as fast as SMS text message.
- Use when you have wifi and no phone service – great when abroad.
- Send Group messages – create a group for friends, family or work and stay connected in a conversation.
- Popular with millenials so stay in touch with the kids.
- Send voice messages.
- See if your message is delivered.
- See when it has been read (this has been known to cause arguements the world over. Arguements usually start with “You read my whatsapp and didn’t reply!”)
- Get notifications of messages and create personalised notifications.
- Turn notifications on/off.
- Set background wallpaper. This can be one of your own images or more general.
- Needs 3G or wifi to send or receive messages.
- Can access your contacts – with your permission.
- Some feel their privacy is compromised, however, this app is no different to other apps in terms of permissions.