Pic2PIXLR Extension for Chrome
Pic2Pixlr is a useful Google Chrome extension which sends an online image to Pixlr O-Matic, Pixlr Express, or the Pixlr Editor which we mentioned in GRAPHIC DESIGN EXPLAINED a very popular Blog item, about the very popular, user-friendly, FREE or low cost applications for photo editing.
You can also go to Pixlr.com then scroll down a bit to Editor and click edit image, then choose an image from your computer files or Dropbox folders etc.
When you are browsing using Chrome and see any image. You can Right Click and send the image to the Pixlr Editor, so you can easily edit yourself. Resize, change colour, add text, reduce DPI and all the usual editing options.
This is especially useful for people with very limited graphic design skills or people who do not have a more complex Graphic Design Software Package, such as Photoshop. Pixlr Editor, Pixlr Express and Pixlr-O-Matic
Download the Chrome App HERE
Uses and Tips
1. Resize an image and use it in your website
2. Flip the canvas verticaly or horizontally
3. Rotate an image to get it the way you want it
4. Crop an image
5. Add text, such as Special Offer
6. Personalise an image to suit you
7. Rename the image for SEO purposes to something that makes sense
8. Use the slider bar when saving an image to reduce the number of pixels in an image
Read our main general Graphic Design Explained article