Social Media Manager Checklist
Strategy – Firstly, write up a Social Media Strategy or get someone to do it for you. Define your audience and set some targets, KPIs whatever metrics work for you. Which Social Channels are right and best for you? Then you want to make good use of your digital content, by making it seen by your target audience.
Content – Create a content library of well written short items that educate, entertain or inform, with links that work and are relevant, add a good image and relevant headings. Write evergreen content that can be reused and do repurpose content to publish in different channels. On top of that add some timely, newsworthy items or repost good content from others. Set regular dates to review performance and results. What matters gets measured. Now how much time is required ? Use your Social Media campaigns at the top of your funnel and PPC to targeted audiences.
Customer Care – Complaints, compliments, feedback and questions from some customers will come through social, so respond well and fast.
Customer Call Out: Write about your favourite customers on your website and in Social Channels – share what they are doing
Top 10 Social Media Management Tips
- Plan – Do that Strategy now!
- Engage – Look for conversations, search by Keyword or SocialMention, find out where your target audience hangs out and what interests them, then engage.
- Mentions – Tag your clients in your stories or posts, say Thank you in Social, mention them on your website
- Daily post – a nice image and a fact about your industry, service or product
- Connect with Influencers and engage, say hello from time to time.
- Track events in your industry and get involved in the conversation
- Measure everything – add metrics, review them see what is working
- Protect – secure all access to these accounts so that someone does not say the wrong thing to your audience
- Automate – posting with Hootsuite or Buffer makes time sense
- Time – Allocate a limited set amount of time daily, weekly, monthly to do this work and stick to it
Popular Social Media Channels
Facebook – Post daily, like and share industry topics, ask for likes and do Tag people & people or clients. Use Outbound Marketing on Facebook to bring targeted people to a landing page, maybe a page inviting visitors to sign up for the FREE weekly Blog with Tips, Advice and Apps. Target should be C – Suite execs and business owners or directors. 15 mins
Twitter – Daily tweet 15 mins with #tag and weekly follow and connect, say thanks for follows. Create Private Lists of potential Clients and use Hootsuite to post or repost their posts
Pinterest – Monthly – Update Boards 60 mins include good keywords and links back to your website. Weekly follow pins 15 mins
Google+ – Connect weekly 15 mins, post weekly but preferably be active daily 5 mins
LinkedIn – Daily – Connect with people, tweak Company Profile, get recommendations, post useful content once a day 15 to 30 mins a day
Youtube – Weekly – subscribe to channels, share video content weekly 15 mins and add one of your own engaging, entertaining or educational videos once a month, relevant to your industry – maybe answer a questions or show how to or even add some testimonials. Use your voice well and get some training if you need it. Make sure you listen to your own content before posting it. 30 mins,
Blog – Write a good blog once a week and share in Social Channels, repurpose the content and always link back to a logical page on your own website. By all means show some real personality and express your opinions, show experience and viewpoints for authority. Minimum 300 words, but ideally more like 500+. 120 – 180 mins a week.
Website – Use your own website to tell your story, who are you, why you do what you do, how you do it, the lessons you learned on the way, testimonials and case studies. Let people know about your experience, share some case studies or stories. Curate all your content, keep it updated, improving it and make it more and more useful.
NB: Add Testimonials in the various channels
Social Media Management Tools
- Social Bro – Free and paid enterprise Social management tool
- Sprout Social – another paid enterprise Social management tool $60 pm
- Hootsuite – *FREE recommended and Paid $8 pm Monitor conversation and post to Facebook and Twitter
- Buffer – Low cost $50 a month – No monitoring of conversations, but best Scheduler to share and schedule content posts via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & Google+
Tip: Promote what you do, what you are good at and your skills on offer. Build your own list of your own connections and talk to that list to stay in touch regularly. Use Mailchimp or a similar mass emailer. Pay special attention to the contacts who are close or who could refer you.
Other Lead Generation tips available at http://unbounce.com/lead-generation/generate-leads-with-your-content/ and learn about Facebook Pixel Tracking at http://rickmulready.com/complete-guide-to-facebook-ads-pixels/