Google My Business
Recently we have mentioned Google my Business a few times, but some people have asked us what that is about? Is it important. And why is it so important?
Google My Business explained
Google My Business is
Note: Google+ has now become less important or more of a Brand page for you to connect with your followers, to publish news or share useful interesting content. But, do keep posting every so often, maybe once a month.
Google planners or lead developers are working on the basis that if you get good reviews you must be good. But they do make people jump through a few hoops in order to register a review of any sort. It becomes
Setting up Google My Business
Register for Google My Business at https://www.google.com/business/ and ensure you pick the right Category for your business.
By verifying and correcting your business details, you can both help customers and potential customers find you and also tell them about your business.
Register your business at Google my Business HERE or by searching for your name when you are logged in to your Google account, which is a basic requirement. If you are not logged in or have no Google account yet, search your exact business name and see what comes up in the Knowledge Graph on the right – see image above for us.
Once you try to register HERE or at https://www.google.com/business/ or verify your business, Google will call you or send you a physical postcard with a verification number to use to confirm that you have received it at a physical address. Include your exact Eircode – find it HERE. Or you can have them call your landline number and an automated voice will call out a verification code to use.
Google My Business Reviews
Then you can ask people to give you a good review and yes, you do risk getting bad reviews too. To be honest, you might be better to get a few poorer reviews too as all 5* would look to Google like you orchestrated them, by asking friends to give you a good review. Again, Google has an algorithm to avoid this scenario. You should indeed ask happy clients to do just that for you.
Tips for Google My Business
1. Ensure that the listed telephone number on your Google My Business listing is the same as the one on your landing page.
2. Ensure that the NAP Name and address and postcode are the same on your listing and your website
3. Add good images of your premises, 3 inside and 3 outside – you can even get a Google certified photographer to do it.
4. Optimise the photos by giving them good names that explain about your business products or services
5. Add an accurate description of your business that will get people clicking
6. Make sure the name of the business is good, like website designers Donegal
7. Ensure that you are listed in the right Category
8. Encourage Reviews – this is critical
9. Say Thank You – when someone gives you a review, always respond positively
10. Use explanatory and relevant key words in reviews and replies.
Google indicated in July 2016 that businesses who do not log into their “Google My Business” account frequently can risk losing their verification and this would affect businesses adversely. Keep your entry up to date, but do not change it too often as each change affects your standing, even if just temporarily. Google likes to see stability, history and like